"Roundup" Kills More Than Weeds

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
lupinfarm said:
boggybranch said:
I kill thistles, around here, with distilled white vinegar. It's faster and does a much better job, to me, than Roundup.
:( It didn't work...I swear! They were like 10ft tall and had TRUNKS not stems. They're gone now LOL, thank heavens... we had about 40ft of them.
Hahahahaha....gotta treat em while they're plants.....before they become trees. LOL
lmfao unfortunately its overnight! we won't get rain for like 3 weeks and then BAM 1 night of full rain and i swear to you they grow to like 10ft overnight!!!

Chantay

Leafing Out
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I have had better luck with vinegar than round up. Of course, you can always get horticultural vingar, which is much stronger than the kitchen type stuff.

http://www.google.com/products?q="horticultural+vinegar"&hl=en&aq=f
Can you get Horticultural Vinegar at Home Depot, Lowes, or Tractor Supply? What type of vinegar (apple cider or distilled)works best other than horticultural vinegar? I have recently become a Round Up junkie and need to change my ways...and spray my weeds tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chantay

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Sigh, unfortunately its the only thing that will kill our gi-freaking-gantic thistles and the stinging nettles that sometimes come out of the cracks between stone in the cellar stairs (which are outside).

We don't use it on our vegetable garden though!
2-4D should do better job than glysophates for thistles and nettles. In fact for most broad leaf plants.

No matter the plant if it isn't actively growing do not ever use a glysophate.

Latest posts