Sale Alert: Good muck shoes

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Walmart has their croc knock-offs marked down to $1. I saw both mary jane style and clog types at my Wally world.

I think these things are butt-ugly, but for something I will only wear when in the garden or in the duck pen, plastic shoes are great.

I have already trashed my tennis shoes twice this year working in the garden beds and they are not looking so hot after 2 trips through the washing machine.

Now I have 4 pairs of easily washable shoes that wont bother me if they get trashed.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You rock!!! These are what I need working with the ducks and I should have expected you to have located the perfect duck shoes! LOL

;)

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's what I've got too. I hate those things with a passion and wouldn't be caught dead anywhere in public with them but by golly, when it comes to doing chores for the horses, chickens, or going in the garden those things are worth MY weight in gold. And they don't slip which is a huge plus for someone like me with back and knee problems.

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I hope they have them on sale in my area as I have gone through two pair. One pair I keep outside the chicken coop and the other for gardening. I love being able to just slip on a pair of muck shoes very quickly. Thanks so much for sharing!

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i saw them too, in a new $1 isle they have. I have a pair from last year and so does my youngest. He likes being able to just slip them on himself to run outside.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to confess...I wore mine in public today. ::gasp::
(blue mary jane style)

I know I know...

In my defense, I was in the garden right before I drove out to meet Cogirl for our plant swap. And it is cold and wet and yucky all over our area today. I finally got my tennis shoes clean and I couldn't envision ruining them again along with a pair of perfectly clean white socks :p

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wear mine out all the time. I have dirty ones for the garden and coop, but I have hot pink and bright green, that I wear out. Every time I do, I am thankful that I am old enough not to care! One of the many joys of being almost 50 - I just am over what others might think of how I look!!! Crocs are so comfortable, I love them. Even have the "fur" lined ones for winter. Couldn't live without them. On my way to WalMart! Thanks!

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh, I see people wearing them all the time-looks just fine to me. I just hate mine.....it's like wearing sweat pants, I know they look awful but I wear them when I want to be comfortable but I'd probably curl up and die if anyone ever saw me in them. Again, I see people wear them all the time and I doubt that I've ever even thought about it.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there! :frow

I discovered them last year in a cheapo store in the nearby town & I've now got 2 pairs (pale blue & yellow) to wear in the garden. I don't wear them out elsewhere as I think they are hideous. But they are very comfortable, it's easy to clean off the chicken poo & when you are cleaning the house the bleach I inevitably spill does not wreck them. So they get my vote! :thumbsup I'm all for them. :clap :clap :clap

:rose Hattie :rose

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Wifezilla didn't you notice my pretty pink crocs today? I wear mine all the time, I'm with you lesa, I just don't care much anymore and to boot I wore my overalls with my pink crocs!! Oh for shame!! Guess I have lived in the country too long :idunno Hey at least I washed my crocs 'fore I went to town :)

Latest posts