Screaming like a Little Girl

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed how Shower temperatures always seem to want to anger you? Like this morning, as I hopped into the shower, it was bone-numbingly cold. And so I turned the heat up. Now, try to get the picture here. Put yourself in my shoes. You're a 52yr. old man, nude, doing temperature-forced aerobics in a bathtub at 5:30 am. After about ten minutes of screaming like a little girl and jumping higher than I have in 15 years, I turned the heat all the way on and got out to let it warm up. Finally it warmed up, and I got back in to enjoy 41.9 seconds of nice warm water before it began scalding me. I also spent most of the day in the garden. I found out that what ever shower systems are made of, doesn't smell good torn to shards and burnt in a wood stove.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
sounds like you need to get a temperature regulator valve on your water heating system. it's not supposed to allow you to get scolded like that! :barnie i just hate it when i go to jump in and there's no warm or hot water because our furnace isn't aware that the temp dropped too low and it didn't kick in to heat it back up. :rolleyes: with it getting warmer and warmer here it's not much of a problem on hot nights to take a cooler temp shower, sort of refreshing but it just doesn't get the garden dirt fully off!

fair weather chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
first what were you doing with shoes on in the shower? second some things should just be left alone. this from a 58 yo man. lol and yes a new shower valve would help prevent this need for brain bleach

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over the course of decades some things take a steep learning curve. Showers, Bears, and Mountain Lions are among those things. Though showers may be a bit lower on that learning curve, it's still a good one.
The plan with showers:

Anytime ya use the shower, turn it on full blast, full hot, but don't step in. Wait for it to get full hot. Then adjust its temperature down. If it's an unfamiliar system, or something's been changed it may take a bit of time. If you know your shower, set it the same way you did last time. Wait for the water to get right, remove shoes, and get in and enjoy. A Bee Gee's tune turns out to be one of the best things to sing.

However, it does help save water heating bills if you set your water heater temperature gauge setting to around the middle or less. After making such a change, memorize again where your shower spigots are comfortably.

If you use a black coiled hose setup for hot water, a thing I may do one day, I don't know. Yet. But im sure it'll be a steep learning curve.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am confused, you adjust your water temp while you and your bare skin is exposed to the fickle water???? I always adjust the water temp as it comes out of the bathtub spigot w/ the top of my foot, when it is comfortably warm there I pull the shower thingy and enjoy a comfortable shower each time.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait for the water to get right, remove shoes, and get in and enjoy.

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you've got one of those single faucet type valves, You need a new one. If you've got the two handle kind, then you can put in an anti scald valve upstream of your shower (or at the water heater to cover the whole house though that would defeat your dishwasher and washing machine). The single ones are supposed to have an anti scald thingie in them to prevent scalding.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
Have you ever noticed how Shower temperatures always seem to want to anger you? Like this morning, as I hopped into the shower, it was bone-numbingly cold. And so I turned the heat up. Now, try to get the picture here. Put yourself in my shoes. You're a 52yr. old man, nude, doing temperature-forced aerobics in a bathtub at 5:30 am. After about ten minutes of screaming like a little girl and jumping higher than I have in 15 years, I turned the heat all the way on and got out to let it warm up. Finally it warmed up, and I got back in to enjoy 41.9 seconds of nice warm water before it began scalding me. I also spent most of the day in the garden. I found out that what ever shower systems are made of, doesn't smell good torn to shards and burnt in a wood stove.

Seems as though you are going to have a new shower soon and not have to worry about that again. :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"Now, try to get the picture here. Put yourself in my shoes. You're a 52yr. old man, nude..." :th .:End Read:.

Latest posts