Scuppernongs Anyone?

Ugly Cowboy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Howdy! I need some Scuppernong plants over here! Anyone got any they'd like to sell?

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What the heck is a Scuppernog?? I that something from Willy Wonka? Horndoodles, Snoswangers, rotton vermicouse knids???

:rainbow-sun

Ugly Cowboy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nubsmum said:
What the heck is a Scuppernog?? I that something from Willy Wonka? Horndoodles, Snoswangers, rotton vermicouse knids???

:rainbow-sun
LOL No! Its a kind of grape, but there bigger, sweeter, and so dang good! Southerners probly know what I'm talking about, maybe!

wclawrence

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about. I will have about a million seeds in another month. But no young plants. If you want some seeds just holler at me. Probably easiest to PM me since I am at BYC a lot more than I am here.

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Black berries? Got tons of those but not sure how I'd get them to you. Tell you what, if you get here during machete time, when I go out with my brother to chop it back a dozen feet, you can take a dump truck load home and throw it on the ground. Before you know it you'll have a plague of plants... at least here it would, as all it takes is one danged bird dropping! :barnie

Scuppernog really did remind me of candy!:p

Ugly Cowboy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
silkiechicken said:
Black berries? Got tons of those but not sure how I'd get them to you. Tell you what, if you get here during machete time, when I go out with my brother to chop it back a dozen feet, you can take a dump truck load home and throw it on the ground. Before you know it you'll have a plague of plants... at least here it would, as all it takes is one danged bird dropping! :barnie

Scuppernog really did remind me of candy!:p
LOL!

Blue Ridge Hillbilly

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Scuppernong is a variety of Muscadine Grape. Don't waste your time on seed because you don't know what you are going to get. As a matter of fact, there are many varieties of Muscadines that are much better in flavor and quality than the Scuppernong variety. Look up Ison's Nursery in Griffin Ga, one the internet and you will find some of the best varieties of Muscadine grapes known to man. Their Darlene, Janet and Tara are some of the very best bronze varieties. These varieties far exceed the flavor and sugar content of the Scuppernong variety. Some of their best black varieties of Black Muscadines are Black Beauty and Supreme with about 23% Sugar content. Bill Ison was a pioneer in breeding Muscadine grapes and no one has exceeded what he done in this field. Let me know if I can help you further.

Latest posts