Seed Catalog Time!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
I always enjoyed browsing through them. Somehow the online catalogues aren't the same. I wonder how much longer printed catalogues will be with us?
;) Me too, it seems much different to look through the catalogs than online. Hopefully those printed catalogs will be around for a long time, I don't think life would be the same without them. Its so great to go get the mail and to get a gardening catalog, something nice to grab and look at.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I'm right there with you guys! Most of the time if I get a catalog, I tell the company to quit sending it. Not so with seed catalogs. Baker Creek's catalog is almost like an art magazine, the photos are so pretty!

Ninny - I'm jealous you are so close!! My sister & I were trying to plan a trip out for the festival that they have, but it's an awful long drive from here.

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hypnofrogstevie said:
This is my first time requesting one from Baker. I always got them from burpee. If they are as good as yall are saying. Then I may just buy from them too ;)
Baker has all heirloom, open pollinated, non-GMO seed versus Burpee's hybrid everything. And becaue Burpee has almost all hybrids, their seeds are more expensive. I too used to use Burpee, but I've converted to heirlooms. And Baker's catalogs have been better than Burpee's! :D

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Getting "non-burpee" seeds will be new to me this year. Can you all list others besides Baker for where to get seed catalogs???

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... I have not even thought about next season yet. I'm still piddling around trying to get bulbs split and moved. I haven't even hay mulched yet! ARGH!

I'm so behind..... :/

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
amyquilt said:
Getting "non-burpee" seeds will be new to me this year. Can you all list others besides Baker for where to get seed catalogs???
One of my favorite seed sources that I found not all that long ago is Fedco.

Fedco has anything but a flashy catalog! Oh, theirs is fun and it's full of thoughts and ideas. Even some graphics that will make you chuckle :)! But, Fedco provides a good selection and has given me an honest deal on every packet of seed I've bought from them.

They have 2 neighbors there in Maine that I appreciate: Pinetree and Johnny's. Pinetree has a great selection but their packets, altho' very low priced, are small. My gardens are too big for very much in small packets. Still, Pinetree could provide someone with a small garden with lots of variety for a low price ;).

Johnny's has it all! I, however, remember when Johnny's was just starting out and I like to think I've helped them along the way :p. I may buy more seed from Johnny's than any other company. That has certainly been true some years.

Steve

Latest posts