Seed Potatoes-Where do you Buy?

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Title is kind of self explanatory, where do you get your seed potatoes from?

I've had some luck getting them from local stores but varieties and amounts are not always the best. I've been looking online, particularly at woodprairie.com but I'm always hesitant to buy from a new site. So any sites you prefer or who have really good prices?
store seed potatoes before planting
Place them in a cool, dry are of around 50 F. (10 C.). Three to four weeks prior to planting, put the potatoes in an area with brighter light, such as a sunny window or beneath grow lights. The seed potatoes should be maintained at a high humidity during this period.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
store seed potatoes before planting
Place them in a cool, dry are of around 50 F. (10 C.). Three to four weeks prior to planting, put the potatoes in an area with brighter light, such as a sunny window or beneath grow lights. The seed potatoes should be maintained at a high humidity during this period.

can you make a post without copy and paste a response from the net?????

Milosevich Garden

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Gee the ones I bought at Rural King are the size of softballs! You pick and bag and they sell by the pound.

If there certificate seed potatoes [ U.S. No. 1 Seed Potatoes ] they shouldn't be larger than 3 1/4 inches [about the size of a baseball/ wide mouth canning jar] or less than 1 1/2 inches

Latest posts