Seeds

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered from Seeds N Such? I got catalog from them this week and they have a big selection of tomatoes.
Another seed site book marked! That should be fun to explore.

My credit card is whimpering, I hit both Baker Creek and SSE. If the USPS stays true to current record, I should have the seeds in time to start them in June. :D

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If the USPS stays true to current record, I should have the seeds in time to start them in June. :D

Tell me about it. I ordered some seeds from Germany back in early November. The shipped out on Dec. 16 and I am STILL waiting for them to even make it here to US soil!

What worries me a little is that they are tropical seeds. I was careful not to order anything recalcitrant (with the mail being as it is, ordering seeds that need to be grown as soon as they leave the plant is basically throwing your money away. ). And I purchased all of the bells and whistles needed for them (i.e. a phytosanitary certificate). But a part of me worries about how seeds from a tropical environment will handle being kept for ages in freezing conditions.

And another part of me worries about whether they will be safe in my hands before someone decides to modify the import rules to suddenly make the package no longer legal (say changing the rules to require an import certificate for ALL seeds, as opposed to just tree ones.)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another seed site book marked! That should be fun to explore.

My credit card is whimpering, I hit both Baker Creek and SSE. If the USPS stays true to current record, I should have the seeds in time to start them in June. :D
I did some research on SeedsNSuch after I posted last night I would not recommend. Apparently they are known for bad germination rates and taking 2+ months to ship. And that was pre COVID-19. I have been looking at Seeds Now though and they seem pretty good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had intended to comment on Seeds n Such but have been a little distracted ...

They have much of what is sold by Jung's with its multiple catalogs. Jung's bought other seed companies and became something of a conglomerate. The selections in each catalog was was fairly different, one to another. Well, there was an online catalog where a customer could make a combined order - it didn't matter which catalog. Okay, fine.

About 10 years ago, that website was taken offline. Multiple orders through multiple catalogs, shipping charges on each. Dang! Along came Seeds n Such. The problem that I have experienced hasn't been with germination. It has been with incorrect seed counts. This happened with a few things in '19 & '20. It wasn't real serious or I might have asked for refunds. However, if you are right up against the time on the calendar that you need to plant, what are you gonna do? Had to wonder who was being so careless in packaging. It wasn't terrible/terrible and their selection is still good. I don't know what I will do with the company this year.

One thing that happened in 2020 was that I kinda rediscovered Territorial. (That sounds funny like the Europeans discovering & claiming America while the Native people were asking each other "who the heck are those guys?") Anyway, I was buying seed thru the mail before the original owner founded that seed company. Don't know when I found them but their shipping prices always seemed so high. Last year, I decided that they weren't so high, these days. Competitive and Territorial has quite a selection of exclusive varieties or those that aren't common.

Steve
who has bought mostly from Jung's, Stokes, Harris & Osborne with several others like Tomato Growers, Kitazawa & Fedco.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
One thing that happened in 2020 was that I kinda rediscovered Territorial. (That sounds funny like the Europeans discovering & claiming America while the Native people were asking each other "who the heck are those guys?") Anyway, I was buying seed thru the mail before the original owner founded that seed company. Don't know when I found them but their shipping prices always seemed so high. Last year, I decided that they weren't so high, these days. Competitive and Territorial has quite a selection of exclusive varieties or those that aren't common.
I agree with your evaluation of Territorial. Their shipping charges have always been a little high IMO... but their selection is top notch, especially for Northern gardeners. I've ordered from them several times over the years, and their "Pizza" pepper is among my all-time favorites. They also take customer satisfaction seriously, something you really appreciate if you've ever had to deal with the Jungs conglomerate (who will never again get my business, in spite of their being located in my home state).