self-made fertilizers

andy guo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Self-made fertilizers, Liquid organic fertilizer ,which consist of animals and plants residue fermented by soaking them in water for a long time until they get rotten;It is easy to make it, and theres a wide source of raw materials.It has rich organic matter and nutrients, also safe and cost-effective
draft_lens1612815module13552928photo_1232476576Organic_Fertilizers.jpg

Self-made fertilizers methods:
(1) plant soaking.Available stems and leaves of vetch, alfalfa, rape, radish, beans ,or residues of vegetables left after dinner,which can be chopped firstly and soaked in a tank until deeply fermented.Finally,we can water the flowers with the rotten liquid combined with appropriate water.

(2) rice-water stool.
Rice-water stool has rich starch and trace elements.,It can increase soil organic matter and nutrients to promote growth of flower and improve flower quality when watering flowers with it.
However, rice-water stool shall be better when it is deeply fermented.

(3) residue of Animals
After eating chicken, duck, fish and other animals, we can make full use of their feathers, blood, internal organs, bones, scales and other left residue.
We can combine them with water ,5 to 10 times the remains, soaking them in a enclosed environment until theyre deeply fermented.
finally,You can water the flowers with it.

Gnome_Czech

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was cleaning out my freezer and found a bag of freezer burned shrimp. I hate to waste anything so I buried them about a foot away from my mango tree.

In retrospect, I should have mushed them or made a tee, but I also have neighbors to think of. So fare, so good. No ants, no odor and I think the leaves are looking a wee bit shinier.

susan26

Sprout
Reaction score
I would add a few points:
1. Cottonseed meal - if you have acid-loving plants and do not know what kind of natural fertilizer that is given them, try cottonseed meal, and that can give strong vibrant flowers and healthy green leaves. Cottonseed meal is a derived material produced by most manufacturing companies cotton so you can get them free or at minimal cost.
2. Fish Emulsion - This organic fertilizer is actually produced by the decomposition of dead and left over fish or fish products. It has high amounts of nitrogen, ideal for large trees and tall grasses. They also contain many minerals that can make plants green and bright.
3. Blood meal - this type of organic fertilizer is produced and spray dried cattle blood. You can get the blood of cattle in most slaughterhouses, at minimal cost. However, it should be noted that blood meal contains high amounts of nitrogen can burn or dry the plants quickly.
4. Seaweed fertilizer - this fertilizer is used by most gardeners because of its high mineral content. What they do is taking the algae, not roasted or without seasoning in a bowl with water, like a strong tea. Seaweed fertilizer does not burn or dry out the plants immediately as blood meal.
5. Manure - one of the most common organic fertilizer that many people use is manure. You are easy to obtain and prices, which have low amounts of nutrients and minerals necessary for healthy plants and beautiful, but that can be used in combination with other organic products.

Latest posts