Semi-rural North Tampa (Odessa) Florida

TargetSlayer

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi folks!
Wife & I enjoy Bonsai, a red/white Mulberry fruiting (female ?) hybrid with a couple felled branches I'm curing for archery bow building (super heartwood yellow orange like osage), herbs, flowers, and a new indoor experimental garden corner sort of a quasi-prepper thing in case somehow certain foods for 2 became scarce but our power was still on & stealth was applicable (adding to small, existing solar supplemental until self-sufficient, up to 10A live and two batteries, lol..) plus it's just interesting & fun.

I'll be very active on the indoor scene; tonight I'm adding a DIY yeast C02 device, hehe...

Cheers!

Jeff

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is an interesting new take, can't wait to hear about your adventures!

:welcome

TargetSlayer

Sprout
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Welcome I just planted my frist mulberry tree Sunday.Illinois Everbearing, supose to do well in my zone growers claim the berries better then cherries.
I'll bet they are! My late wife Sher (Tina and I are married now) and I were part of a gray wolf preservation project here and one was temporarily in the doubly secure area with the white/red mulberry hybrid. She used to eat the lowest hanging berries and the tree never bore as plump or as many fruit as when her feces was here and there around it.
The heat &, where it is, dryness in that high spot gets the best of the tree here, I'm afraid, as far as fruiting... but the heart wood is sublime!
It actually got too wily and has benefited from the aggressive cut back, as have I. Bow buyers love showing off a wood their buddy cannot readily run out and find or buy.
I'll make a thread with photos ASAP.

Latest posts