Seven sister rose pruning and rooting?

1acrefarm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My seven sister rose bush needs pruning. It has not been pruned ever that I know of. I can not do it at the moment because it is still blooming. I would like some tips on doing this right. Also I would like to root some of the clippings. How do I do that?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Since no one else has replied, you may want to check out this link for instructions how to take cuttings

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach....html+roses+cuttings&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=ca

just be aware it's written for Texas, so you may need to adjust seasons.

My experience with cuttings is that the best policy is to start a *lot*, whatever the parent plant can reasonably stand and you can accommodate... some-to-many will not make it, you can choose the strongest one(s) to grow on, and give away the rest to neighbors and random passers-by ;)

No idea about pruning your rose, sorry... maybe someone else can help?

Pat

yotetrapper

Leafing Out
Reaction score
If you get the answers to your questions, please post them. I just bought a seven sisters rose last year, as I terribly missed the huge one my grandmother had growing in NY. The person I got it from sent it potted and suggested I keep it potted for a month before planting, and well, I screwed up and didnt get it planted before it got cold. So now its in this huge pot growing beautifully in my living room. Any tips on this type of rose would be appreciated.