Sevin and Copper Fungicide

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My local nursery is closing and they have everything at 60% off. Is Sevin and Copper organic?

What can it be used for?

I don't know if I should get some at this price. You know us gardeners when something is on clearance! :D

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Sevin is not organic. It is a very powerful but short-lived insecticide. I would think the copper would be considered organic. The problem with buying a "combo" product is that you may need one element, but not the other, and end up using a chemical on your plants that you don't really need to use. Like if it has insects but not a fungus. That product is possibly formulated to spray on fruit trees. Anybody?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYboy, there were only about 7 bottles of each. They are closing Tuesday and stuff is going fast. They still have E.B. Stone fertilizers which I bought 3 of and some gloves. They're not gonna reduce the stuff more. I think it will be gone by Sunday.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think copper is considered "organic" but it has issues with residual or runoff in soil or some sort of toxicity. ...Boy am I helpful! :rolleyes:
I bet @seedcorn will have the right info on it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, seedcorn will know and also Steve. Boys, where are you? :)

The fact that they are on clearance are calling my name! I love good deals but not if I don't need them.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, Sevin is not considered organic, so if you are wanting organic, you don't want that. (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!) lol

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
R u selling organic? Have you promised your husband or kids organic? If so, don't buy sevin. Otherwise, buy it, kill those nasties before they destroy your hard work! Mary, it's not that big of a deal. Organic is just a pretty buzz word. (Getting off soap box now)

Latest posts