Sharing my 'Backyard Habitat' sign

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
4973_habitatsign.jpg

We live in an old one room school house. If you look close in the picture at the windows down the side-you can see where the windows have been modernized-changing the look significantly-but it still looks like Little House on the Prairie in person.
But what I wanted to share was how my husband posted our Certified Backyard Habitat sign. I think it looks great, you can't miss it when you drive by and the humming birds took maybe an hour to find the feeder. (hard to make out -but hanging on the right side in the picture)
No one has moved into the birdhouse yet-but I didn't expect them to either-so we'll see what happens there next year.
I planted a dwarf boxwood at the base of the post to hide the post some (hope it doesn't get too big) and there is a hosta bed next to the house behind the sign. In front I am planting some irises and perennials.
Thanks for looking.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yes mam. And it was sooo easy to get. I'd bet anybody, they could qualify. Just a few things required-and mostly just a commitment.
Under $40 (I think it was) shipping and membership plus sign.
Just something to show our support. Our back yard is # 483,000 and some odd number(I can't remember exactly and too lazy to go dig out certificate)-now there are over 500,000...WOW!!

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
what is it. what is the purpose? is it so the hummingbirds know its ok to eat there? b/c i have hummingbirds stealing nectar from my yard all the time, little punks.

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Way to go, Robin! ;) One more thingy we have in common! My sign is in the barn with chicken poop on it. I need to get it out & posted again. We had it out front but the fence decayed so we took it down.

Another thing on my "to do" list...........:rolleyes:

Latest posts