Sharing some of the garden photos...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's my first calla lily bulb sprouting... I just LOVE the spotted leaves.

calla1.jpg

Excuse the front me.... still doing siding work.
front_garden.jpg

This side garden has really matured this year. I already have flowers. I did have to plant a new foxglove to replace the one I lost last year.
side_garden2.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks great vfem :watering , are you going to plant more callas and other summer bulbs? Keep an eye on that lily, yesterday i had a squirrel chew the entire lily sprout i was so upset.
I like the garden you have in front of the house, you could sit down and relax, drink some Sweet Tea looking at the flowers grow.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a ton of calla's planted. There are 4-5 in that pot alone. I have 6-7 planted by the front walk.... 2 by the driveway, and 10 planted by the mail box inbetween where I had daffadils in.

I'm watching for those squirrels, they tore up some creeping jenny I planted out by the pond. :barnie

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah those squirrels can really drive you nuts :somad , i'm trying to research ways to prevent them in the garden. So far i have rags soaked in vinegar, mothballs, trapping & relocating, squirrel repellants,chili powder, and bloodmeal, i hope to find a guaranteed method but then again these are squirrels, they always seem to win the battle. Good luck with your callas ;) , they seem like beautiful flowers i haved tried these yet but will order some soon.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
squirrels are the cockroach of the mammal world!!!!

Latest posts