"She kills chickens, she eats the chickens...."

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I thought you guys might appreciate this. I started a new job and was at a professional development day today with some new colleagues. There was a call for volunteers to introduce new folks and tell the group something about them. A woman at my table, who'd I'd talked to a few times before, decided to tell the others some things about me. When we had talked previously, she was pretty interested in my farm, so she told people about how we had a farm and she thought that was so cool. But then she went on to talk about how I "raise chickens, and then kill them and eat them!" She said it in a very 'in awe' kind of way, but I just have this feeling now that all my new co-workers have this image in their head of me eating a bloody chicken, a la Ozzy Osbourne. :lol: If nothing else, at least they'll remember me!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HAHAHA!!

One of my friends calls me Betty Crocker-Dolittle because I'm always cooking and working in the garden and with the animals. LOL

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was going to say something about the blood stains around your lips this morning but I was afraid to. Let me tell y'all something else about our girl c-kate . . . she carries an axe sharpener in her hip pocket wherever she goes.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe that's what kept everyone away! :D It was nice to put a face to a name today, Smiles! Funny that you and my DH run in the same circles. Guess that's a small town for ya! :)

fair weather chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i've found that when people know that you can butcher they give you plenty of room. BAWWWAAAAAAA

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes! For example, I am known for my eccentry ala my various running act that I am some veiled conspiracy theorist or how I hate sock puppets or the Commandomason thing on BYC. Steve explained it perfectly! That's why Nobody rel=plies to some of my threads! :lol:

Latest posts