sheets on the tomatoes tonight

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
thanks for the reminder, it just said on the news its supposed to be in the 40's tonight but I didnt think about it, might help.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just moved to South Lousisana after a couple of years in the mountains of Montana. I keep looking at the trees looking for any sign of fall. But none yet. It is a bit cooler ( like a smidgen) in the morning on my bike commute to work. I am definately not missing the long winter. Sorry Pat.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We're supposed to get upper 40s. Meh. I have these two giant green tomatoes that are, like, a pound each, and I'd like them to ripen one of these days...

You know, if you have a frost coming for sure, and you pull the whole tomato plants up and hang 'em upside-down with the dirty roots and all in the cellar or laundry room or whatever, the green tomatoes on them will get properly ripe just fine. You can easily get another month's worth of tomatoes like that, on account of them ripening slower in a bit of a chill, but it's kinda nice to have a few fresh tomatoes per week until a month post-frost.

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Rosalind, what a great idea! That will help supplement the ONE ripe tomato we got so far! :he < and here's a picture of it.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm still enjoying the warm weather... more rain then usual, but still muggy warm. I get chills at night because its in the 60's. Still 80's to 90's during the day. We never seem to hit warm evenings until late October. I don't even think we get a frost until almost December.

My wedding was outside 3 years on September 24th... it was 86! We were all so sweaty we spent most the party inside rather then on the lawn.

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's official for the Clarendon Flats where we live: we got our first frost! :ep Yeah, at least I got everything I really valued covered with plastic. All I can say is...:barnie

Latest posts