Siberian Miners Lettuce

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I made tacos with homemade tortillas and sprinkled freshly picked Siberian Miners Lettuce on top! 😋

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_181139453_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20230429_181139453_640x480.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 62

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dahlia,

have you made use of Prickly Lettuce?

I can't quite bring myself to try it. Pulling it in the garden, it has a bitter smell. And, Good Grief. This Spring, there is sure a lot of the plants starting in the distant garden! Having so many uncultivated acres around that garden has set things up for an explosion of population of prickly lettuce. I have come to understand that it is a close relative of garden lettuce and even used in plant breeding. Seems rather stunning!

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dahlia,

have you made use of Prickly Lettuce?

I can't quite bring myself to try it. Pulling it in the garden, it has a bitter smell. And, Good Grief. This Spring, there is sure a lot of the plants starting in the distant garden! Having so many uncultivated acres around that garden has set things up for an explosion of population of prickly lettuce. I have come to understand that it is a close relative of garden lettuce and even used in plant breeding. Seems rather stunning!

Steve
Ive never heard of prickly lettuce! It's not in my foraging book, but I'll have to look it up! Wild plants are fascinating!

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a great appreciation for your ability to go "wild". I often wonder what did people do before supper markets? We were friends with a Amish family for a couple of years. My wife and I learned a lot about "wild" food stuff from them. I was saddened when they moved about 10 hours drive away, but that's their lifestyle.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts