Sick as a dog~ weak as a cat```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
No~ if it's thick it may be pine tar~ close~ One time~ years back~ a backhoe driver down where the Natural Gas pipe starts up the mountain~ took out the gas for bout~ week and a half~ I was sick that time as well~ and had no Gotran~ I began calling~ talking to the guys in the warehouse of companies that used pine tar or oil in their product~ told them stick your finger in and describe~ many close but~ then I talked to this sweet girl in Georgia~ she put me through to the warehouse and he said everything right```
Can you send me some~ Yes~ $3,000 a 55 gallon barrel~ A quart lasted our family over 100 years~ sorry we don't sell smaller~ But~ there showed up at me door~ a gallon of the real thing with a bill for $55```

I was happy to send a check and a big thanks```

Gee~ that was long~ but it's a good story ~ and true```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I wonder if it was the same kind of tar, back in the 60's a friends young son had very bad eczema, she had a medicine cabinet full of prescription meds that hadn't worked. Someone put her on to an ointment I think called Kleerex in no time at all the eczema cleared up, now that I think of it it might not have been pine tar, maybe coal tar? It was sold in a tin similar to what shoe polish comes in, sure smelled like tat and looked like axle grease.

Annette

It could be the Tar~ Gotran is Rectified Oil of Pine Tar```

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That black axle grease looking smelly stuff may have been Prid Salve. It used to smell pretty awful, but of course the modern stuff that is still sold has been reinvented with the "good" ingredients left out.
It was a "drawing salve", used for boils and carbuncles and such.

Latest posts