Sick chicken - I'm at a loss

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I hope she feels better soon! I would stick a little bit of ACV in her water. I always feed mine Greek yogurt with honey when they're not feeling well. They love it!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She was just looking worse & worse, so DH put her down. We're guessing it must be something internal that we couldn't figure out because none of the other birds are sick (knock wood!).

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So sorry for your sick girl. I know how frustrating it is when you don't know what is wrong and how to help them. Making the decision to put her down to stop her suffering is often the right one to do - but hard to do. I know she had a good life while she was with you. :hugs

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs

I have a chicken who acted like that earlier this year. Just went "catatonic." Just stood for hours, staring into space, not eating or walking around. I put her in a crate in my house, & she just got better on her own, & is still with me. Who knows...? :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:hugs You did everything you could! I'm sorry it didn't turn out so well. :bouquet

voncile

Sprout
Reaction score
hi curly kate
i had a chicken that showed the same signs and this is what i did. i gave her a half teaspoon of tetracycline hydrochloride soluble powder (antibiotic) in 2 cups of water for 3 days.i also offered bread soaked in milk as well as regular food.it has worked for me. hope it works for you