Skateboarders and Bicycle riders ... @#$%^&*

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
No not invincible, I have a unprintable name for them, should be buried when they get to that 'know it all stage' and dug up when common sense surfaces, unfortunately with some it takes longer than others.
BUT... if we're all truthful haven't we all gone through that stage and thankfully most of us managed to survive. Yep, I admit, I did a few stupid things back when:(.

An example, One of my peers, a supposedly intelligent lad of 13 jumped off the roof of a two story house using an umbrella for a parachute, oh well, it could have been worse he only broke an arm :smack.
Annette
Must have been that dangerous movie Mary Poppins that caused that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went for my 30 minute walk this morning in my old college town :old. I lived there at three different times and noted the difference with each incarnation of digitS' as student. It has been nearly 35 years since I last arrived there but I went back to my home on the second go-around, in 1972. Parked the car and off I went on my route to campus!

One or two things have changed ... Not so anyone would notice ... or, many anyway ... this side of the graveyard ..!

It was charming how much was still the same. Trees. Most of the buildings that were there then are still there. Even some of my favorite places to sit down and watch the world go by, were there waiting for me. But, I was there for cardio exercise not diversions. B'golly!

Couplets were put in one area and on a once-busy street the customers at the shops now enjoy angle parking. Cross walks have shortened with cast iron street lamps, even concrete planters protecting pedestrians. Maybe they need them!

Everywhere in town I saw young people jogging across the streets, smiling, waving, looking apologetic, and all in marked cross walks. Shoot. We'd just stroll right on across barely giving vehicles a glance!

But then again, I'm not sure I saw anyone heading to campus on those sidewalks who was even alive 45 years ago.

!
smiley1753.gif
digitS'

Last edited:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
^^ so true. Back in the early 70's my college was separated by a four lane road. Cross when the lights were green or the hand said safe to cross? Nah...We all ran across from the dorms to the main campus and I remember daring any darn car to hit me. How could they? I was invincible back then!!!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a teen I worked at a riding stable in a state park. Every now and then 7 or 8 of us would take horses to a nearby lake after work and we'd all go swimming. Then we'd let those barn sour old trail horses bolt back to the barn.. in the woods.. in the dark... sometimes sitting backwards.
sFun_duh2.gif

HOW none of us got the backs of our heads smashed in on tree branches (or the fronts for that matter) is nearly a miracle.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't remember any excessive, dumb risk taking in my youth, especially any that would cause me to inflict my risk taking onto those around me. I don't care what the excuse, that kind of behavior can kill not only themselves but those trying to avoid them.

In the medical field, we call those type of young boys "organ donors".....nice, fresh and young organs to be harvested from such idiocy.

Latest posts