Smile! Say Cheese!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can send you a piece of Epiphyllum. I think it is a white one, but since I have never seen it bloom I am not sure. It survived New Orleans during Katrina, or at least the owner did and she took cuttings before moving here.

All I have to do is lick the stamp! :plbb

Ron

Sorry folks, this is my own piece to share. It was one of those forced clippings that I did to control the parent plant.

Here is a sample of what the bloom looks like.
768px-Epiphyllum_oxypetalum_flower.JPG

If anyone gets into Epi's, as most refer them as, you should check out
http://www.epies.net/

OK, PM me and let me know.

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cool,

It is on its way!

Did you get to look at all those incredible colors in Pat's Epis site?

I am always hoping that someone I know gets totally off on these guys and starts a collection of colors. Then I would have a source! LOL ...like the Florida Connection! :lol:

kathleen%20ok%20685.jpg

ver%20verano%205107%2011x14.jpg

irette%2042507%2011x14.jpg

Too beautiful. The blooms are as big as your hand with your fingers spread outward. So about 6 inch blooms.

The bud itself sort of looks animated, like it has tendrils like a sea creature. As the buds develop they move quite dramatically across the plant. Then the night before the bloom opens moths come in from miles around. Big beautiful moths...and they wait. Then the following night in the wee hours past midnight, it blooms. The fragrance is incredible...but you have to be there to see it, and to smell it....then it is over! By morning the bloom is spent and closed forever.

Ron