So when you die...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Would you like to come back as a TREE???

I know I would...

5842_bio_urn.jpg

Here's the blurb I found with it:

"How would you like to grow into a tree after you die?

This is a Bios Urn, a completely biodegradable urn that contains a single tree seed. When planted, the tree seed is nourished by and absorbs the nutrients from the ashes. The urn itself is made from coconut shell and contains compacted peat and cellulose. The ashes are mixed with this, and the seed placed inside. You can even choose which type of tree you'd like to grow!

So which would you prefer; leaving behind a tree or a tombstone?"

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
VFem, this is way Cool! I want to come back as a pecan tree. With a little luck I'll make a bunch of nuts for 20 or 30 years or so. Kind of keeping with my current themes... And then when I die again someone will make me into a dresser or a nightstand. Way Cool!

And for you Yankee folks: That's 'pea-KAHN', not 'Pee-CAN'... :p

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thats super cool!!! Im not sure what kind of tree Id like to come back as....thats a really good question.

That does change my plans though. Some duck hunters have their hunting buddies (their dogs) ashes put inside a duck decoy urn so they can keep hunting with them even after they'd past. When my current Golden passes and hunts the great pond beyond I plan on having his ashes put into a sleeping mallard decoy something like this http://www.northernwingsdecoys.com/IMAGES/DDD_FORMATED/NW_DDD_MAL_SLP.jpg but with the eyes totally closed and resting peacefully.

So anyway I thought Id have my ashes put in a Coot decoy. For those of you unfamiliar with a coot http://animal.discovery.com/guides/wild-birds/gallery/american_coot.jpg should clarify everything. I wanted to be put up on the mantle so that way when people come over they can point and say "That old coot Jared's right over there!" :gig

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just saw that on facebook- great idea! I have planted trees in memory of someone's passing-but this takes it a step further. I would be afraid my tree wouldn't grow!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
when it's my time..

it's already planned once i do pass to be cremated and my ashes along with my dogs ashes are to be sent and spread at my brothers place along the waddell river near davenport California.
there are 2 coastal redwoods along the river, figure that it would be the best place to rest and complete the rainbow bridge.

040_zps24604728.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw that on fb too.

I'm like my dad. Dad used to say, whatever you do don't cremate me! Getting a burn hurts so much it'd even hurt after I'm dead. I feel that way too! Not that I'm against it for anyone else, just gives me the heebeejeebees.

In fact, my requests are few for when I die. Put me in a cheap box, and leave me a couple packs of cigarettes and a lighter for in case I wake up!

But heck, put a bunch of plants, shrubs, and trees over me.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, I caynt remember that tune, but it made me think of Norman Greenbaum's tune,
"Spirit in the Sky"

I met him at a party one time, actually, probably several parties. He is friend of a friend. Still tuning along. Still a one hit wonder though.

Latest posts