Soil building or soil depletion

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
But it is not a targeted use so only apply just before dark when the flowers are closed.
Good advice. I always heeded it and I hope others do also. We cannot afford to put any more stress on the bees. Fortunately it dissipates rapidly so if applied in the evening after bees go to bed it will be gone by morning when they are gathering nectar again.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good advice. I always heeded it and I hope others do also. We cannot afford to put any more stress on the bees. Fortunately it dissipates rapidly so if applied in the evening after bees go to bed it will be gone by morning when they are gathering nectar again.
I would not use the word dissipate here. Its just that many flowers close up shop, and just maybe the pollinators are not directly sprayed. Environmental factors also play a part. I do not believe the half life of spinosad is 6 hours. Plus I tend to use oils and wetting agents and those contaminants would serve to slow the oxidation of spinosad down I imagine.

I went to the usage sheet on my spinosad and I see wait times of one day on husked vegetables like corn and nuts. 7 day waits are not uncommon, and the longest listed wait on my directions for use is 28 days where it concerns veggies to be dried before use. I imagine there are different formulations, some with enhancing additives... This one is made by Monterey.

Last edited: