Soil testing labs in canada?

kyle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am new to this area, and am looking to see if anyone here might know of any, or at least know where to start in finding them. I am looking for labs that can do things like nematode/protozoa/fungi/bacteria tests and quantify them etc. also soil makeup and minerals etc.

Anyone know of any in Canada, and if I may be specific, near Nanaimo or Victoria, BC canada? If not, how does one track these places down? is it universities that do these, government agriculture systems? I am at a loss to where to begin searching them out.

Thanks for any help :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you have anything like a cooperative extension? What about ag/tech schools. How about something like the DEC? I sent my soil away to a nearby university for testing. I am sure there is somewhere you could send a sample to... Someone else will chime in with a good idea! Patwithchickens, is in Canada- maybe she would know...

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
kyle said:
I am new to this area, and am looking to see if anyone here might know of any, or at least know where to start in finding them. I am looking for labs that can do things like nematode/protozoa/fungi/bacteria tests and quantify them etc. also soil makeup and minerals etc.

Anyone know of any in Canada, and if I may be specific, near Nanaimo or Victoria, BC canada? If not, how does one track these places down? is it universities that do these, government agriculture systems? I am at a loss to where to begin searching them out.

Thanks for any help :)
Do you have any AC collages in your area? Or if you know where an AF/AC center is by you they should be able to help you. I know our AC collage does soil test's so just look around your area :D

Latest posts