Some GOOD LOOKIN' trees

mahsmaj

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good lookin' fast growing tree that i can find somewhere???

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lol Well yes....Mimosa trees are good looking and grow really fast, but in some areas they are invasive, so you might not want to introduce them to your area, if they're not already there. Not really sure how that works. They are not native to the US though, they are from Japan I believe, but there are a lot of them here in the US now especially in certain areas. Some people hate them. But they are beautiful and grow fast ;)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Where are you located? That makes a huge difference in what you can grow. let us know and we can make specific suggestions.

However, bear in mind that fast-growing virtually always equals "weak wood" (i.e. once tree reaches any meaningful size, it begins to self-disassemble in every passing storm, either as twigs and branches or as an unexpected insurance claim for whatever it hit), "short lived" (i.e. you will be taking its dying ugly self down in maybe 20-40 years, as opposed to other trees that live much longer), and often "invasive roots" (i.e. do not plant within a few hundred feet of buried water pipes or septic system or foundation drains of your house, unless you enjoy LARGE repair bills). Fast-growing trees are also quite often invasive in natural areas.

Sad but true.

But, with a city or zone info, some reasonable possibilities may come to mind :)

Pat