Some new sedum/succulents in my rock garden.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep. Those darn deer will leave a lot of plants alone until they bloom, then overnight they eat them. :rant

Darn deer are a pain around here lately I'm hoping they sample some of rhubarb leaves or potato plant :mad:. You would think our big dog would keep them out, but no they have no fear of him. I think he doesn't give them a second look because he don't view them as a threat like I do. They have sampled the garden some also:he. I am contemplating high fencing the entire property in the next few years.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have eaten my potatoes and rhubarb. I have no idea what effect it had on them, but they did more than sample it. The potatoes were mowed down.

I'm all about electric fencing for keeping them out. It's cheaper, and if you bait it so they get a good shock they'll remember to stay away for a long time.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I really enjoyed seeing these succulent pics, thank you! When I lived in South Africa we had a small garden nursery for a few years. I always joked that I have black thumbs, as I killed more plants than grew them, but found my niche with succulents and build up such a variety of stock, I had collectors drive out to our farm from other towns to come buy plants off me. I spent many happy hours growing those pretty, hardy little plants and sharing them with others that loved them.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really enjoyed seeing these succulent pics, thank you! When I lived in South Africa we had a small garden nursery for a few years. I always joked that I have black thumbs, as I killed more plants than grew them, but found my niche with succulents and build up such a variety of stock, I had collectors drive out to our farm from other towns to come buy plants off me. I spent many happy hours growing those pretty, hardy little plants and sharing them with others that loved them.
:love

Latest posts