Some of my new daylilies for you to see

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful, @catjac1975! I think my favorite one is the first -- yellow and white would be startling in my garden. No, maybe it's the third one with its hem-stiched edges and blaze-of-yellow center. The last shot of your salmon daylily is certainly showing a keeper. I love that color and it shows well with my brickwork. Then, again, who could resist the gay colors of your (blue-toned) shades of pink. It brings a smile just looking at its bright colors dancing in the garden.

I guess I'm with Carol Dee! It's hard to pick a favorite.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
1-3 years for the first time. I have made gains with quicker blooms. I have seen a few evolve over time to a more lush bloom. It is probably 4-5 years before I split them. They go through several judging phase for what I will keep and what I will compost. Falling behind in that thus year with the selling. Having fun selling but the most fun is in the hybridizing.
Red, in daylilies a single scape can flower and it is called a seedling until you split it for sale. Kind of just a term for hybridizers to show what is still in process and what is for sale. Some are tiny plants with a great big bloom. I am having a wonderful "Christmas in July" this year.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
People see and describe color differently. Do you mean a pinkish or purplish color? Or a purple/pink. I would see its as a purple/pink. I have beautiful spider that I might call fuchsia, but a light pastel. I will look and post what I see it as .