Some of you people are just plain mean

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
The snow melted unrelentingly for 3 days and exposed some overwintered spinach! Gotta love that Bloomsdale Longstanding!
Ooohhh....I have to go check on the spinach. I know I had some still there at Christmas and we just had a couple of 50 degree days!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry, Anne...

cabbagesprouts.jpg

This is what I woke up to today. Aw, yeah!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, at least I showed you pics of cold weather sprouts. Things that can reasonably tolerate a light frost, things that can be set out late March / early April with no ill effects.

I didn't even mention how well the heating mats are working under my tomatoes, long-season squash and flowers, how my flats are going to over-grow into a jungle by the time late April rolls around. Nor did I take any pics of the jasmine, orchids, or the lemon verbena that's flowering.

Just, uh...what, two and a half more months? :lol:

Patch of Heaven Farm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
awwww sorry Reinbeau . Glad I live in the south! lol
:tools
ok I couldn't resist:

newpup029.jpg

birdhouse gourds,ornamental gourds and a few brandywines. These have been transplanted now and soon will go in the garden. :bee

Patch of Heaven Farm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks! This is my first time to try them. The kids picked them out. They thought they looked cool. LOL They want to make birdhouses to hang around the garden. :ya Wish I had thier energy!!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Patch of heaven, what kind of soil are you using for your plants?

I planted a bunch of seeds in soda bottles and stuff and left them out side. I am hoping that it works like the wintersown.

Patch of Heaven Farm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
obsessed I bought some Wal-mart brand potting soil and then my mom bought some miracle grow potting soil. I have been using them both. I hope to make a compost pile this year and be able to use that next time. I don't see why your seeds wouldn't work. A member on BYC does all hers in milk jugs and plastic bottles with good results. I save all my bottles and plastic stuff and plant in them. I got over a 100 styrafoam cups from my church they were throwing away so I used them to plant inside. I love free stuff! lol And recycling stuff! :ya