Something (Simple) from the Garden, Today?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know, "simple" would be me :p.

I'm having creamed new potatoes and peas with sauteed kale & sausage for lunch :).

Seasoning the kale was the job for the sausage. The new potatoes & peas just got a little salt and several grinds from the pepper mill.

How about you? A handful of Sungold cherry tomato counts . . . grazing thru the mesclun . . . corn on the cob?

Steve :cool:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Creamed new potatoes and peas... :drool That sounds so good right now. Maybe for dinner!

Now I could live on cukes and tomatoes tossed with ranch dressing. Still waiting for a ripe 'mater here though. :p

OOOH and don't forget tomato sandwiches! Only time of year I'll buy white bread. Add a little mayo... And you have to eat them standing over the sink, the tomatoes are so juicy. Mmmmm...

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Creamed new potatoes and peas... :drool That sounds so good right now. Maybe for dinner!

Now I could live on cukes and tomatoes tossed with ranch dressing. Still waiting for a ripe 'mater here though. :p

OOOH and don't forget tomato sandwiches! Only time of year I'll buy white bread. Add a little mayo... And you have to eat them standing over the sink, the tomatoes are so juicy. Mmmmm...
Now your talking.... fresh tomato sandwich!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds good right about now. We will be doing some canning over the weekend (green beans) Since it's too hot to pick the green beans or weed this week, I gathered up the canning supplies. Tomorrow I will wash everything and have it ready for the weekend. :D Now I just need to find the weight for the pressure canner :/

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
After reading all this I am having creamed peas and potatoes for supper and cornbread! I just cut up a Max's Gold zucchini dipped in milk and rolled in flour and fried. It was very good. This is the first time I planted them. We have been eating peas, new potatoes boiled. I made the garlic potatoes the other night and had fried blue potatoes. I think I may be able to pick enough bush beans for supper. They are Jade beans. I planted them last year and I really like them. OH and sliced the first tomato for lunch. We already had 3 yellow cherry ones, but this is a real tomato. It is red. It is a 4th of July. Not big, but a tomato and red. I sliced it in 4 pieces for each of us and very good. There is another one I might be able to pick today that is red. Of course we have been eating raspberries, raspberry pie and raspberry/mint/lemonade. We were eating salads twice a day and then the spinach was gone. I still have lettuce and have wilted some for lunch now and then. I should start pulling an onion now and then. The rabbits have been having a salad a day with swiss chard, kale, collards, mint, cilantro, thyme, raspberry leaves and some grass.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomato, cucumber and onion tossed in Italian dressing. Main course to be a layered casserole of ground beef, carrots, potatoes, onion, and cabbage with tomato soup poured over before baking. The only thing that I grew in the casserole is the cabbage. Guess I could use some more of my home grown onions in it......My cabbage has been bursting open with the high heat and humidity. I cut it all except for two heads this morning. Made a gallon of kraut two or so days ago.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
tomato sandwiches sounds so good. haven't had one in years. & cornbread? oh boy. that's some good stuff.
last night I saut a bunch of the veggies coming out of the garden, added a couple eggs from my girls. topped w/a bit of grated cheddar & panko. baked @400 till crisp & golden. had it for lunch again today.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love zuchinni saute with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Been having it almost every day. Also having caprese salad with my homegrown tomatoes and basil. Tonight it's meatloaf (turkey), caprese salad, and more zuchinni. Hope my husband and son don't complain about all the zuchinni we're having! :lol:

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Having tomato sandwiches for dinner. And maybe some pasta.
cool, easy, fast
Tomato sandwich is the perfect meal. Thanks for not posting pix like some would do, tempting those of us weeks behind because of location.

Latest posts