BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
But I have a cabbage protector now. Isn't he cute! :lol:

DSC_0229-2.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, lucky you! Every now and then I see a frog, but I can't seem to get them to stay around. Hope yours sets up a home!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just looked at your avatar-do tell us the story about your hummingbird friend!

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh, lucky you! Every now and then I see a frog, but I can't seem to get them to stay around. Hope yours sets up a home!
I think he has set up home. On some nights, I find him on our back deck (he has to jump up 11 steps to there) but most nights I find him in the yard. Last night was the first time I found him with the cabbage.

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lesa said:
Just looked at your avatar-do tell us the story about your hummingbird friend!
The poor dear knocked herself silly one day when she flew into our sliding glass door. When I went to investigate the sound, I found her slumped over leaning on her beak on the deck. I was scared I might forget she was there, let the dogs out and get trampled so I picked her up. When she gripped my finger, I felt she would be ok if given time to collect her wits. While I was standing there holding her, I said to myself "Nobody is going to believe this" so I sat her down on the patio table and went in the house and grabbed the camera. When I went back outside she was still there so I put her back on my finger and started taking pictures. I must have stood outside for 20-30 minutes before she decided she was ok enough to fly away.

Edited for spelling.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! How nice of her to wait for you to get your camera! I just love hummingbirds!! Glad your toad has set up housekeeping!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love hummers. So glad she was o.k. and that you got a photo op. :) Toads are great in the garden. Hope yours stays.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
parasitic nematodes are great for the mystery bug that you can't kill! Or the not so mysterious bug you can't kill!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha... he's cute! I love having toads in my garden. :)

:welcome neighbor!

Latest posts