Soybean's Plants

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just found my packet of carrot seeds and a packet of corn from last year. I'm adding those to my garden plants this year. So so far I'm attempting to plant the following this year:

Sweet Corn
Touchon? Carrot (that is what the package says)
Spearmint
Rosemary
Cucumbers

I may add in the following if I get the chance:

Radishes
Sunflowers
Dill
Cilantro

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I wish, but I don't know where to find them. I've looked at the garden store but I didn't see anything. I wish I could grow my own soybeans. That way I could make my own soymilk, which I drink a ton of.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought soybeans on Ebay. My DGD loves endemame. I'd be happy to send you a few if you'd like but I can't send enough to make soy milk! lol

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well if I grow soybeans, I can then just plant those soybeans and have a little soybean operation going. :) I just looked online and it takes 125g of soybeans to make 1 liter of soymilk.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Soybean seed can be bought at many places. Ag seed companies carry them (altho 50# bags) or find a friendly farmer and buy how ever you want.

IF you've never grown soybeans on a piece of dirt, innoculants would be a wise investment so that you get the correct bacteria started in the soil to help the plant fix nitrogen. On a per acre basis they can add up to 15 bu/acre.

IF you just want enough soybeans for soymilk, decide what kind you want as each variety has it's own taste. Companies that make it are into certain varieties.

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have two really good cucumber sprouts that I planted today. Two more are on their way to being planted. The other two seeds have not sprouted.

As for my corn, a few are starting to show little tails, so I've got 4 out of those 6 sprouting.

The carrot seeds are not showing too much promise right now, but I think I see the beginnings of a tail on one (they are so tiny!) so that's 1/6 for the carrots.

I'm hoping to make another trip to the garden store for some plants. Maybe some tomatoes!

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have some corn, carrots, and a single cucumber sprout planted now. The cucumber seedling is about 1.5 inches tall now. The corn sprouts and just breaking the surface and the carrot sprout is as well. I'm so excited.