Soybeans?

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was wondering if you can grow soybeans in Zone 7. I think I'm zone 7. I'm in Virginia. Well we drink a lot of soy milk and I was wanting to grow some soybeans so we can start making our own soymilk. Is this a possibility?

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You should have no problems growing them in your zone. Mine are already in the ground and growing.

Here is link about making soymilk

Do some research on it, like with making any homemade products, you should be prepared and know what is happening.

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've looked up how to make soymilk and it doesn't seem to difficult. I'll be looking for some different things to start growing this year instead of our original three. I'll be picking up a planter box today and a container for the corn.

whatnow?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I know this isn't really related to making soymilk, but we buy lots of the stuff due to allergy problems with a little one. We get lots of extra coupons online from Silk. Also, although it grinds some people... Wallymart sells it cheap. I looked into making it when we started spending a ton of dough on the stuff, but soon realized that it wouldn't payoff since the kid would probably outgrow the allergy in a few years.

Good luck with the soymilk.

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We drink mostly soymilk right now, but we also drink regular cow's milk and goat milk on occasion. (We want to have a goat farm one day)

I, alone, can go through almost 32oz of soymilk a day if given the chance. I love the stuff. If I can grow my own soybeans, making my own could be cheaper than buying the soymilk. Not to mention, I could also make my own tofu, which would definitely cheaper.

I just don't know where to go to get the soybean plants to grow...I'm not sure if the garden store nearby carries them. I'll ask next time I go. A co-worker and I are making a trip there sometime this week since she's never been there before and she loves to garden.

Latest posts