spanish goblygook ??????

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning when I came onto the Random Rambling site 2 X... there came on a infamertial ??? message in spanish , NO writing or pictures, just the goblygook . shall we say ANNOYING !!!!!! :barnie

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What could you possibly have searched for for that to show up?

.....Razas de caballos espanoles? :D

Seriously though, there's got to some way to deal with it. I didn't even know that you could report ads. Hopefully others will be more helpful than I.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nifty sells ads on here. That's how he buys groceries for his family, though BYC is where the big bucks come from. I appreciate his effort to keep this site fun.

I have no idea if the ad Bob saw was legit or if it was one that somehow showed up that should not. If it is illegitimate then I'm sure the more info you could give Nifty or the moderators about when it occurred and what the circumstances were would help them check it out.

I don't know the best way to report something to the moderators. As soon as I post this I'll click on the report button under Bob's post so the moderators see it, but I don't know if we can report our own posts.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
VR, meant to say "breeds of Spanish horses." My Spanish isn't that great, learned most of it with Latin American music and a Spanish dictionary.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the problems with Spanish is that there are different distinct dialects on the Spanish mainland itself plus different "Spanish-speaking" countries don't always speak the same Spanish either. I once tried to get around Spain using a South American Spanish dictionary. I never did figure out which South American country that dictionary was meant to represent. The Andalusians around Cadiz were very good-natured about it but I did give them a few chuckles with my attempts. It's not so much the spelling as the pronunciation, though they have their own regional colloquialisms that can make it even more fun. It did not take me long to learn how to order a beer no matter what part of Spain I was in.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually sort of have the reverse problem, or at least I did (I took Spanish in high school and freshman college, but that was a while ago and I am really, really rusty.)

My problem was that, despite living in the US, where Latin American Spanish is the common form, it so happens that, by coincidence, all of my Spanish teacher were actually from Spain, so I wound up with a pretty distinct Castilian accent. It wasn't a big deal in school (since everyone else had the same teacher, and therefore the same accent), and most people are OK with it, but there are some SA Spanish speakers who react a bit funny to it (in some Spanish speaking circles, speaking with a Castillian accent sort of gets the same reaction that speaking with a British accent with English when you're not actually British; it's considered by some pretentious and sort of "talking down" to them.)

Latest posts