Spray-N-Grow?

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Spray-N-Grow fertilizer products before? I got a catalog about a week ago and have been doing some research and it looks like great stuff but a little spendy for how much I would need. I trust my TEG friends the most, so can I get some testimonies or opinions on this stuff please?

Here is a link to the kits on their website:
https://spray-n-growgardening.com/perfect-blend-kits.html

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No spray-n-grow experience here. . . Just rambling:

I am amazed that so many of our garden plants grow in such very different soils. I'm also a skeptic and wonder if a blend of micronutrients can answer needs across a vast landscape.

It does have the macronutrients, HPQ. There are products like "superthrive" that make no N-P-K claims, relying on vitamins, to make some difference, I guess.

I use fish emulsion and used it this year on some of the plant starts. They are going out in the garden with a dry, organic fertilizer from Whitney, as usual. That stuff uses everything "chicken" that won't go in a chicken nugget, as best as I can understand from the label. It is easy to see the bonemeal in it.

I wish that the fish emulsion was easier to use in the garden. I have tried it in both a hose-end sprayer and a bottle siphon for a sprinkler with clogging problems. I do use it on the tomato plants at times and always on the leeks. There's no side-dressing leeks with a dry fertilizer without "clogging" their leaves and eating the stuff later . . !

Here is your post back at the top, HPQ. I hope you get someone with experience to respond.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have tried it, but not with the repetition required to get significant results, so I can't really say. I know it does no harm. That's the best I can do. I do use their wetting agent and fertilizer on house plants from time to time.

I would suspect that repeated applications of Spray-n-Grow would have the same results as repeated applications of Miracle Grow. Looking bigger and better and more work and a few less chemicals. Does that always follow that the produce is bigger and better? Not sure here.

P.S. Their fertilizer looks and smells a lot like fish emulsion so I'm with digitS there, too.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been religiously using the Spray-N-Grow, Bill's Perfect Fertilizer, and Coco-Wet once a week on my plants and holy moly has it made a difference! My flowers have never looked this good before. I have to get pictures for you guys.

P.s. I'm not affiliated with their company at all :p

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have it marked on my calender and I set a reminder on my phone to spray it on Wednesdays. I also have a reminder to do the acid treatment for my blueberries on Sundays.