Spring has sprung!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally, after a couple weeks of gloom, chill and drizzle, the sun is out this morning and the colors are amazing!

The iris are blooming, as well as the honeysuckle and flax and of course pansies...the clumps of grass are because I just mowed but my back is still too weak to rake it up and throw it in the compost. Waiting to beg 'the man' to do it for me...
P1010006-1_zps8d59125b.jpg

There is beautiful blue sky this morning and I'm not the only one who wanted breakfast outside

P1010005_zpse9b399af.jpg

the shade garden is filling in...
P1010012_zpsa362bee1.jpg

great beginnings, and more to come, thanks to my trusty little greenhouse which weathered some super high winds and nasty storms already!

P1010008_zps35206919.jpg

What a great day!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Petey, your garden is absolutely charming! I envy your bountiful supply of stones! All of my rocks are sandstone and disintegrate very easily.

Is that a pergola in the center background of the first picture?

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks, Journey! No, it's my chicken coop and run, attached to my little lambing shed, but I am thinking about growing some hops on it since it gets pretty hot from the sun and its the west side of the coop and run that are the back border of the yard. The cool thing is, there is nothing between us and those mountains in the background...and beyond, except land and cows!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
haha, thanks major catfish. I have always wondered if he has a lower jaw. Never seen it cuz there is always something hanging out of his mouth LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Petey it looks like Cider is helping you with the planting. Kind of looks like he is carrying a seed packet. The flowers look fabulous. I have been adding perenials each year so I do not have to plant as many annuals each spring.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love Cider! But then I'm biased towards swamp collies ;)

That is an absolutely beautiful garden Journey said it right with how charming it is. I like the weathered look of the lambing shed. It fits right in.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice pics Petey!! Thanks for sharing...hopefully you can share some of that sun and nice weather with the rest of us! :rainbow-sun