.Spring is Here!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
After it getting down to 17 a couple of weeks ago, I was afraid the Apricot in the little congregation garden would be damaged if not outright dead since it wasn't covered at all.

But, it appears it is doing just fine!!
Here it it last friday starting to bloom!

31111ApricotBlossomsemail.jpg

spring_is_comingclip.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful, Rebbetzin!

My daughter is visiting a friend just outside of Tucson. She said that it was 80F today at their barbecue!

Tomorrow may be a red-letter day for me, also! It is raining here. The snow that has been in my yard since November should finally be gone by morning!

My snow-free yard may upset the neighbors. Some have evergreens so the snow is going to linger a little longer under those trees.

But, I'm optimistic that it won't be too much longer and my peach tree will have blooms like Rebbetzin's apricot ;)!

Steve

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
rebbetzin,

Wow, your apricots are blooming nicely!! ;) . I have two apricot trees in my garden, and today I went out to prune the mature apricot tree. I wasn't sure how much pruning to do, but I saw a few videos and they mentioned you need to prune them out so they'll grow new shoots that will be next years fruit. You have to maintain a certain open center in the middle of the tree, so more light can penetrate for the fruits to develop properly.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely!!! So glad spring is somewhere! Woke to snow on the ground again this morning!!! Actually, a lot of snow has melted- so there is hope!