Started for the 2024 Garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What do you have growing, going, or just shaking around in a seed packet?

Busy midday, I had some pepper seedlings that really needed to be separated out from their community cookie boxes. It was 35⁰f in the unheated greenhouse at dawn, 45f by the time I really had to do the job or run out of time (2⁰C to 7⁰C) in the AM. I opted to do the work in the house.

Admittedly, seed for the peppers, and the tomatoes, eggplant etc., went into those community containers indoors – in the utility room. But, moving seedlings was something that should be done where spilled soil isn't a problem. I gotter dun but the job was about twice as difficult trying to not make a mess.

The seedlings stayed in the South Window with cloudy skies and even some snow falling. I will have to watch that sky but the forecast suggests hardly a glimmer of sunshine for the next several days. The peppers have room to grow and joined the tomatoes in their 4-packs and trays. Moved a few days ago, the tomatoes could use some sunlight but the dismal skies will allow the peppers some time to adjust.

Too many Hots dried and in bags from 2023 so emphasis was on Sweets with a few Jalapeño for a little spiciness. The tomato emphasis was on restoring fresh seed stock for, probably, a few too many. Some of the Regulars were left out but I just gotta do some rotating to keep these Old Friends going, growing and shaking around in a seed packet. Most importantly — showing up as fresh fruits on the kitchen table :).

Steve

Latest posts