Started Planting Today! DUW!

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well,

My grandma decided the plants had been in the pot too long and if we didnt plant them now, we would go buy a billion more,lol. We planted our Eggplants, Peppers and half of our Tomatoes today. In the Eggplants we have: 2 Black Beauty and 1 Zebra. In the peppers we have: 1 Red Bell, 1 Green Bell, 1 DeArbol, 1 Golden Cayenne, 1 Mohawk Hybrid, 1 Cubanelle, 2 Yummy and 2 Jalapeno. The tomatoes we planted today were: 1 Big Beef, 1 *some dude's name* Yellow Oxheart, 1 Super Fantastic, 1 Yellow Brandywine, 1 Ace and 1 Green Zebra. We still have a few Tomatoes to put in. We will be planting the rest of them in a week or two, because my grandma's almanac told her so,lol. Anyways, I took a few pics of the event! Sorry if the pics are huge! Please excuse the mess, we are doing some major Spring clean up right now!

Oh! My grandma also got a 6ft tall Gala Apple at Wal*Mart for $6, so we planted that as well today. I'll update with more pics when we get more going!

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

As you can see, my mom was still digging! We keep expanding,lol. That's my grandma, surveying what I was doing.

013.jpg

Here are some Iris blooming as well. We also have purple, yellow and purple & White blooming right now.

014.jpg

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Jordan -

Looks great! It looks as if you got quite a bit accomplished today and, since you live in the fertile central valley, no doubt what you planted will do well! Post more pictures when they start growing. The tomatoes we planted last weekend already have little marble sized tomatoes on them. It's amazing what one week will do!

Rockin' deal on the Gala apple! We just bought one of those for the church garden, but paid more than 4 times that price! Great job!

S0rcy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Wow, great pictures! Glad you were able to get your plants in, looks like it will be fantastic :D We had snow this morning : shiver :

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, Shelly! Gosh, I hope it does well. This is my first time with a big garden, so Im a little worried,lol. I will get more pics posted when we get stuff going! We cant stop buying stuff so we keep expanding,lol. Wow! That's great for my grandma! She's got plans to add quite a few more varieties this fall too. We are having tons of fun this year!

Thanks, S0rcy! It was really fun to be able to start planting. Ahh, we dont get snow here. EVER. Last time we got anything close to snow was in Jan. 2001, and it was sleet, not snow.

Latest posts