stepping stone molds

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My friend made me a stand from tree branches, but I used it for a table.

Picture 5444.jpg

I just put bird baths on the ground. The robins love them ... and the ducks!
You can also make stepping stones by placing the leaf flat on a board.
This is a 20" table ...

.Picture 4664.jpg

I would have suggested that for @canesisters but they can only be as big as a rhubarb leaf.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
How will you wash it out and empty rain water if yo fill the bottom with concrete? WOn't it be too heavy?
You could dig a hole and drop the barrel into it to keep it from tipping.

Good question. It's going under her new hoop house, so rain isn't an issue. I have to feed her dry feed (senior complete pellets & oats) so a quick wipe with a damp rag keeps it clean. She's not real fond of the pellets (likes the oats better) and will scoop the feed out with her muzzle onto the ground where she can better pick the oats out. That's why I'm concerned about her tipping it. The whole hoop house thing started because of mud issues, I wanted to be able to put her feed somewhere with better footing - and then move it when she churned up the ground under it - so I need the feeder to be portable too. I really wanted the tire idea to work, but car tires are too small, and truck tires are too big. :-( Right now she has a little trash can inside of 2 car tires with an entire roll of DUCT TAPE covering the gap between the top of the can and the inside edge of the tire. Remarkably, that's working pretty well and I MIGHT just let it be and see how long it takes her to destroy it.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lavender2 those are beautiful. I especially like the stepping stone idea.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you @Jared77 and @Smart Red .... They really are fun to make.

Lavender2 those are beautiful. I especially like the stepping stone idea.

There are several good tutorials out there for making them. I found that using Quikrete Concrete Patch works much better than regular concrete mix with the rocks in it. It costs more, but for around $10. for a 40 pound bag you can get 3-4 good size leaves, about 2" thick.
A pressure washer comes in handy for removing the leaf and be sure to sand down any rough edges (which is really easier than it sounds when you think about sanding concrete.)

Latest posts