Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
002.JPG

I put up 12 quarts this evening
020.JPG

Plenty more where those came from!
023.JPG

Getting tired of green beings which are still producing.
049.JPG

We are going to have Brussels sprouts. :)
050.JPG

Fabulous year for the kale still picking at least once a week.
052.JPG

Carrots and beets (2nd planting for both as the rabbits got 1st planting.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow!

Look at those tomatoes!

Your Brussels sprouts look about the same as mine, Carol Dee. I don't know what to make out of them ... When they actually form sprouts, I'll try using a marinate ... hope that they are good :).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was shocked to see that many tomatoes! Your garden still seems to be going strong. My green beans are done, tomatoe plants starting to die, cucumber vine pulled, and zuchinini is on it's last leg.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was shocked to see that many tomatoes! Your garden still seems to be going strong. My green beans are done, tomatoe plants starting to die, cucumber vine pulled, and zuchinini is on it's last leg.

Mary
Mary the green beans are drying up finally. YEAH ( we planted too many!) The zucchini id done (vine borer I think) Cucumbers died back, too. Lettuce bolted or dead. Peas are LONG gone.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, my peas are gone and replaced by green beans. Unfortunately, Benjamin Bunny, Esq. has found those fresh bean plants very much to his liking!

The late-planted zucchini that filled in after the shallots were harvested, has mildew. What's up with that?! They are beginning to kick out a nice harvest anyway. More zucchini went in when it became obvious that the Blacktail Mountain watermelon would fail. They look fine but need a couple more weeks.

I have a flower on the Portuguese kale! Only one has bloomed so I think the others are mindful that they are supposed to be biennials.

The remaining Escarole has bolted, something that might have happened sooner except they were sown later than possible. They have proven themselves an early summer green if sown late. Meanwhile, the very-late sown Tyfon Holland is ready to try!

(Don't you think that Es Carol e greens should have a place in your garden :)?)

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My green beans are just now producing heavily--they are an old variety of pole bean. Great taste, good production, apparently, but they are kind of stringy. Guess you can't have everything.
The peppers I grew from some purchased peppers--the bag of mixed mini sweets, also some orange bells, have loads of peppers on them, just now beginning to ripen. I am interested to see how the seed from a probable hybrid does. At least they look pretty! I have one Giant Marconi that is ready to pick. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks great @Carol Dee ! I just love the sight of a table full of tomatoes!

My beans started so late I will probably be picking until it snows! And I've been having to pick the tomatoes at the first hint of orange since the herd of racoons discovered the garden. :\
Peas are still producing though, very odd weather year here.

Latest posts