Stinkbugs everywhere in the garden

countryatheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have problems with stinkbugs in my garden. They cause tomatoes to get yellow spots that don't ripen correctly. They are also on my peas! Any suggestions for getting rid of them?

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you have a very large infestation you might want to try a few different methods combined. Check for eggs, this is a good indication of how bad the infestation is.

A good mix of soap and water (about 5-8 tablespoons of soap per gallon of water) works well to help control stink bugs. Be sure to spray in the early morning or late evening to prevent burns on the plants. Also, do not use concentrated or anti-bacterial soaps since these too can have very negative impacts on plants. For heavy infestations reapplication is required since dried soap spray will not have an effect on most bugs. I usually rinse plants between sprays to get rid of any build up. I spray every other day until the infestation is gone.

Also, Parasitic wasps Trissolcus basalis prey on stink bugs eggs. They can be easily attracted using Queen Anne's Lace, peas and sweet peas, IME.

Good luck.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We also have the wasps on our 2nd season radishes, which we are taking to seed; our early spring podding radish, and the blackberries. :)

ddawn

Sprout
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea whether these parasitic wasps are in the southeast?

Stink bugs are about to ruin the tomato crop here.

Latest posts