Storm blowing in

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, it's windy and freezing over here. Last year a tree fell off and landed on our neighbor's car across the street.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your wind came here, Marshall & Mary!

I know, it is a little too quick. Let's just say it is a widespread storm. Wind gusts above 40mph overnight - bare trees! Power out to the north. Freezing in some places.

This morning, there are highway accidents all over the place! I don't know if it is icy spots with the little bit of rain that fell or that people are having trouble adjusting to driving in the wind . . .

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digit, oils build up on highways during the warm parts of the year, and suddenly the first few freezes happen and the ice is actually also slightly oily...extra slick.

And, seems lots of folks who are in big city time zones spiritually, don't get it, the idea to slow down. The way a native american friend put it is...

"He who is always in a hurry to be early will find himself early to his grave".

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I poked my head out at 11 last night to see snowflakes whirling by in the wind. There's a skiff of snow all over everything now.
It's a home day today so that I can get everything done that I should have gotten done long ago. I have just been drooping around instead of doing chores...can't keep that nonsense up much longer or I'll be caught with too many things undone.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if it froze here last night. It is still in the 30's at 10am, however. And . . . the wind is still howling!

Sun's out just now :coolsun!

Well, there has been a lot of freezing but the precipitation, if you can call it that, was officially .09 for the month of October, so far. We may have finally made it to 1/10th of an inch but I doubt it. That was as of midnight, last night.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
This storm that blew in last night has finally just now brought some clouds.

Anyone want to join in on a rain dance?

Latest posts