Storm's Coming. Should I bring them in?

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have 4 small cherry tomato plants, 1 medium sized regular tomato plant, and a planter box with carrot seeds in it. Should I bring these in from the storm. It's supposed to hit in about 30min-1hour. I've already brought the herbs in. Everything is in containers.

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If the planters can flood out which would wash away any seed then yes.

The tomatoes should be fine just give them some shelter from wind and too much rain.

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
There is little or no shelter from rain in my backyard. It consists of 3 sides of 6' high fence attached to my townhouse. It is getting REALLY windy outside. 17-22mph wind. I think I'm just going to bring them in, before it starts to rain.

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just checked up on the weather and there was only a 40% chance of a storm and I think its not going to happen. Still windy though. Gusts up to 40mph it said, so I'll just keep the plants in till tomorrow.

Texas Fluffy Feet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My tomato's have been through some pretty rough storms this week and did fine. Maybe just move the pots up against the house if you can when it storms in the future. I don't think you have to actually bring them indoors. I do move my smaller pots with seedlings under the cover of the porch, but the bigger things have made it fine in the weather. If you needed rain I hope you got it, if not I hope the storm missed ya! :)