Storms in the Upper Midwest

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . . and I shouldn't forget Tropical Storm Karen in the Gulf States.

I was composing a note about Smart Red's recent weather when I saw her post on the "our environment." I decided that she must have weathered those thunderstorms.

TEG may not have any Wyoming gardeners or Black Hills of the Dakotas gardeners . . .

How about Jared in Michigan? It almost looked like Michigan was hammered from 2 directions! Storms were in Iowa, Illinois and Indiana (the "I's" had it :rolleyes:) and moving into Ohio today.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He is our weatherman! And not just local or regional... I dont even think national would apply, since he cues us in on things all the way around the world occassionally!! How bout International Meteorologist Steve?! I love that he alerts me to what might be coming my way, since i'm often "down the jetstream" from him!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could go back to that post I had 4 or 5 years ago about finding your "climate twins" elsewhere in the world.

Wouldn't you enjoy vacationing in Italy or Argentina in a place with just about the same climate as your home?! You could then find out what gardeners are growing there! Share seeds and plans ;).

Shoot. If the location is in the southern hemisphere, you could vicariously live out their growing season by staying in contact with gardeners half a world away. Or . . . move there for 6 months out of the year and your growing season would never end :p.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OH MY WORD. that thing is huge. Will be praying for the people about to be affected by that.