Strantor is in Texas.

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I figure I'll probably be hanging around here asking stupid questions for a long time, so I might as well introduce myself.

Copied & pasted from my member page:

Hi, I'm Strantor. Of course that's not my real name, but close enough.

I'm 26, married, 2 kids. Veteran of the US Navy Submarine Force.

My main passion, which is surpassed only by my passion for trying to be be a good husband and father, is building things. When I was a kid, it was things like downhill race buggies made from fence scraps and bike parts. Nowadays it's mostly electrical and electronic things. I'm currently working as an Electrical Technician in a manufacturing plant. I fix industrial machines when they break. Also, recently my company has started letting me design various devices which I incorporate into existing machines to increase productivity & such. It was not such a great idea for them, because now I've tasted the fruits of designing things in a professional capacity and decided to become an Engineer. I am quitting my job in 2 weeks to pursue higher education; I will be going through a University Electrical Engineering program.

My newly found and growing passion is gardening. My daughter and I are currently growing our very first "garden" which consists of watermelons, "cilantro", beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and jalapenos badly arranged in a crude homemade planter. This is my "baby steps" toward my eventual goal of owning a self-sustaining acreage for my family. I want to learn such skills as gardening, taking care of animals, food preservation, etc. - all the "lost skills" that previous generations had, that are now considered "obsolete" by the naive masses.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, Strantor :frow!

I have enjoyed reading about your adventures with your daughter. Good for you!

It doesn't much matter if she has dropped out of the gardening game just at the moment. She will remember how Dad got started and likely develop a keen interest a little later in life.

We are all looking forward to learning more about your own interests, accomplishments and, yes, even the stumbles along the way. For some of us, a little older than you, we've all been there once-upon-a-time :).

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:welcome

You are around like minds! Great having you! :rose

Latest posts