Strawberry Jam

Dodgegal79

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've never made it but want to try, does anyone have any REALLY good recipes?? My dad is very picky about his strawberry jam. He likes it sort of runny, not chunky from the pectin. Thanks

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Go buy a package of Sure-Jel and use that recipe. All you need to do is puree your berries a little more before you mix everything. We make it by the gallons!

jfarm

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi there.

I have a great recipe for you!! My good friends and I just got together for strawberry jam making. For strawberries we do freezer jam. It stays nice bright red color and has a fresher berry taste - and it is sooooo easy!! Look for the Certo brand liquid pectin and follow the directions for the easy no-cook method. This is how I do a double batch:

wash and hull strawberries, pure in food processor to your liking (chunky or smooth). In large bowl mix together 4 cups pured strawberries and 8 cups sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. In a small bowl mix together 1 box of Certo (2 pouches), and 4 tablespoons lemon juice. Combine with sugar/berry mixture and stir for 3 minutes straight. Pour into freezer containers. Let sit at room temp for 24 hours then freeze.

Here are my stats this year:

2 flats strawberries=
11 boxes of liquid certo, 45 pounds of sugar= 39, 3 cup containers of jam.

Enjoy!!:p

Dodgegal79

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I will look at both recipes. I'm ok for the freezer here but I have no power at my other place and need to can stuff for there. If anyone has any more suggestions that would be great.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You can find so many canning recipes online. I have the Ball
canning book but most if not all can be found online as well.I find alot of them there and people will rate how well it worked for them, I like the feedback.

Latest posts