Strawberry Plugs?

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a package of strawberry seeds. Plenty of bare root plants / starter plugs but never seed packs. Do you think that you could do this by mashing up a strawberry and mixing it with dirt?

countrygirl4513

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
mothergoose, what type of seeds. Were they junebearing or everbearing? The name of the strawberry?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
msbear said:
Great Job! Mothergoose.. I had terrible luck with the strawberry seed

I bought from Gurney's too, I believe.. got 3 different varieties; quinalt, ozark beauty and something else. ...all everbearing.

I had a total of 12 strawberries from 75 plants last year (first year so that's exceptable) The shoots are out of control! I have quadruple the amount of plants now. I am currently selling them on craigslist. Someone is picking up 50 plants on Friday. I'll have to dig them all up :/ but, I can't stand anything to go to waste. I would just leave them but, some are in the lawn and moving into areas where I don't want them.

....Cannot wait to see how the production picks up this year.

I also bought raspberry bushes from someone on here last year. They sent 5 for like 10 bucks. I didn't get any berries last year but they're growing like crazy right now and I have new shoots everywhere.. very excited :ya
I got quarts of strawberries from mine last year, but I yanked and cut all the runners I saw. It forced them to not waste their energy sending out daughter plants. I will allow for a few this year, but I am starting another strawberry bed, and I want to rotate fresh plants every 3 years from the daughters of plants in another bed. Always fresh! :)

Good luck, just remember to control the runners this year and they'll mass produce. :D

msbear

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I got quarts of strawberries from mine last year, but I yanked and cut all the runners I saw. It forced them to not waste their energy sending out daughter plants. I will allow for a few this year, but I am starting another strawberry bed, and I want to rotate fresh plants every 3 years from the daughters of plants in another bed. Always fresh! :)

Good luck, just remember to control the runners this year and they'll mass produce. :D
Thanks and we'll do!

Latest posts