Striped Morning Glory

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last winter, I gathered seeds from the ONE striped Morning Glory Plant I had come up/ I wasn't sure if the seeds would produce striped flowers, since there are so many solid color Morning Glories near it. But, I got a striped flower the other day!! (Again from ONE plant so far that I can tell!)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow thats beautiful! The only striped ones I've seen are the purples with the white outer edge. That's a gorgeous bloom

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's one of those "Carnival" varieties I think. Real pretty!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very pretty! My neighbor has her morning glories growing on this tall trellis and acts like no big deal. I plant them and put them on the fence and if I get a flower I am shocked and hardly any leaves. I talked to a man that has Grandpa Ott and he said they come back each year, so I planted some of those last year and they did come back, but my favorite is the Heavenly Blue. I think the difference with my neighbor is she planted hers by the garden and they are watered a lot and mine were in the front where it does not get watered as much, so I have some in the front and back this year.

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Although morning glories are usually associated with climbing vines, the plant family also includes erect herbs, shrubs and a few trees. One unusual genus is the parasitic Cuscuta, or dodder, which is found in tropical and subtropical areas of the world. It attaches itself to green plants and then chokes its host with masses of twining, spaghetti-like orange stems.