strong sprouts suddenly weakening, what am I doing wrong?

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm...if they look perfectly healthy and normal I guess I would feel okay to put them back in the cleaned tray. Good luck, I think you still have plenty of time to restart the ones that died!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think the spores can develop in a breeze. Get a cheap little fan and run it on low. You will have to water the plants more often, but that's a small price to pay. Be sure to turn the plants around if they start listing in the wind.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That soil in their cells would be infected and since spores can move on the air, I would separate them. Since they're already up, they won't need the humidity dome, but your new seeds will. You can cut their cell packs off and put them in a separate tray. For your area, you might be able to put them outside now too. (Mine go in the ground here on April 10th.) Peas are hardy and can take a frost, but not a freeze.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would normally have them in the ground by now but NC can't seem to make up it's mind on the weather this year. One day it is 75 and sunny, the next freezing or below, then 68 and sunny again :idunno At least NC is kind enough to give us the high, and sunny temps on the weekends.:)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with Journey on this one. Separate out the Peas, just to be on the safe side.

Ya know, peas are good for some coolness. Might want to consider beginning their hardening off process anyway. At night if it's gonna get too cold, bring them inside separate from the other kids.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would normally have them in the ground by now but NC can't seem to make up it's mind on the weather this year. One day it is 75 and sunny, the next freezing or below, then 68 and sunny again :idunno At least NC is kind enough to give us the high, and sunny temps on the weekends.:)
Me too! Me Too!

Some of my seedlings have bit the dust too. Probably the same thing. They are all out in the redneck greenhouse now with both ends open, closed at night. It is still early to transplant, but I'll probably do it pretty soon. Stupid weather.

Latest posts