Super cheap seeds!

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
4 packs for a dollar! I'm not sure if there are any dollar tree stores in your area, but I've been to several in my area and they all have seed packets for 25 cents apeice! Lots of veggies and annual flower seeds!

Just wanted to share the knowledge :D

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are American Seed brand. I've grown this brand before without any probs, but I wonder if anyone else has had any experiences with them?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haven't used the veggies- but have planted the flowers many times. Certainly worth 25 cents. Sometimes our store has them for 10 cents!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bought some of those... I only got Poppies & squash though but they are all doing very well! :D

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a seed addiciton... I bought rutgers and beefsteak tomatoes, table queen squash, cauliflower, cabbage, bell peppers, carrots, sween banana peppers, cress, watermelon, morning glories, snapdragons, cosmos, alyssum,parsley, bachelor buttons, forget me not, aster,kohlarabi, radish and they also had a bunch of flower bulbs. I LOVE CHEAP SEEDS!!! :lol:

ToxinFreeRainforest

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Will cheap seeds grow well?
I've found it's not the price of the seeds, but the freshness that matters.

Check the package for the "Packed for" year. You will want seeds that were packed for the current growing season (2011).

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I buy generic things like basil, radish, etc under that label. No problems. Not as many seeds as other packs might have but not an issue for me.

At Big R's in NE Indiana, you get them 10/$1. I stock up. Seeds will keep fine as long as you keep them in environments where temperatures don't fluctuate a lot.

Latest posts