Super cool Frog

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Found this frog in our garden during vacation. He was pretty big. About 3.5 to 4 inches long. And he was sooooo beautiful. The brown spots were actually copper color and shimmered in the sun. I later saw some others that were the same, but smaller. I thought he was too cool not to take a picture.

8199_frog_3.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty frog! It is the mark of a healthy environment when you have frogs because amphibians are susceptible to toxins.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We normally have lots of little tree frogs that feed on bugs attracted by the kitchen light at night. I have only seen one this year. I haven't seen any large frogs or toads. I have seen a few little frogs in the yard, but I have seen several dead ones, as well. I feel like my area is blighted this year: almost no honey bees, haven't seen any snakes in the yard this year, very few frogs and skinks. No, we haven't sprayed the yard or house. There is not an abundance of feral cats or foxes or skunks that would have eaten the little critters. Strange.....:idunno

But that one in the photo is beautiful. Anyone know what kind it is?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pickerel Frog (link) ?

Rana something would be my guess ;).

So Lucky! You just told us about your farmer neighbor allowing herbicide to drift all over your garden! What other pesticides are they spraying around in your environment?

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Pickerel Frog (link) ?

Rana something would be my guess ;).

So Lucky! You just told us about your farmer neighbor allowing herbicide to drift all over your garden! What other pesticides are they spraying around in your environment?

Steve
Geez, I hope they are not spraying pesticides, too! I haven't seen or smelled anything.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Handsome guy Stubborn. I like the composition of your photo too, the sun shining through the undergrowth and the frog about to disappear... :)